Road Breakdown Coordinator and Parts Clerk (Dual Role Job for one person)
Direct and control the drivers with other company employees, and service providers in establishing the diagnosis and repair of road breakdowns of company equipment. Orders, receives, stocks and issues heavy duty truck and trailer parts.
ROAD BREAKDOWN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PARTS CLERK DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work involves maintaining an inventory of parts for Heavy-Duty Trucks and Trailers. shop. Employee is responsible for inventorying, stocking, and issuing parts and supplies and/or purchasing assigned or designated parts and services from an approved list of vendors.
**Must have knowledge of commercial truck and trailer parts**
• Checks parts catalog/system for proper part identification. Contacts vendors to obtain pricing. Generates purchase order numbers in our maintenance software.
• Receives shipments from vendors, checking vendor packing slips/invoices for accuracy and insuring quantities received are as stated; confers with suppliers regarding late deliveries; maintains appropriate records. Directly issues parts received to open work orders or places parts in proper location within the parts room.
• Enters receipt and distribution of parts/supplies into Operating System to update automated inventory records.
• Issues replacement parts to mechanics; assists mechanics in choice of parts.
• Assembles and fills orders as requested. Issues parts to open computer work orders as parts are distributed to mechanics.
• Conducts periodic physical inventory to assure proper availability of required stock; replenishes stock as shipments arrive.
• Proven experience as receiving clerk or similar position
• Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
• Basic math and recording abilities
• Excellent organizational skills
• Great communication and interpersonal abilities
• Keen eye for detail
• Must understand and follow all safety rules.
Hours are Monday thru Friday 7am to 5pm – salary will depend on experience
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.