The Accounts Payable Specialist main objective is to process vendor invoices and payments for the LHC Group Home Office as well as all LHC Group facilities. This position works informally with other individuals as part of departmental team. Specific projects and goals are assigned with some latitude for decision making and setting of priorities. Supervision is readily available and work may be checked for accuracy and completeness. The AP Specialist reports directly to the Accounts Payable Manager.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Receive, code, scan, index and process vendor invoices and employee expense reports with accuracy in a timely manner.
- Confirm appropriate approvals and backup for invoices prior to processing.
- Research and resolve all invoices unapproved or rejected.
- Research and resolve agency, vendor and payment issues.
- Research and resolve all discrepancies on invoices.
- Reconcile past due amounts and statements.
- Research and resolve open Purchase Orders.
- Assist agencies and vendors with information as needed.
- Assist other team members with overflow as needed.
- Maintain organization of daily distribution and invoices.
- Prioritize, expedite, and meet accounting closure deadlines.
- Comply with and enforce departmental policies and procedures.
- Follow up on emails and telephone calls within one business day.
- Responsible for system administration, testing, and training.
- Other duties assigned by Accounts Payable Manager.
Experience RequirementsSkill Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Computer knowledge including Word and Excel