LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
* Retrieves electronic remittances, matches ERA to deposit, and posts into the respective revenue system on a daily basis.
* Re-classes payments tagged incorrectly on the daily Treasura report, whether it is an electronic payment or paper check
mailed to the PO box on the Financial Reporting Spreadsheet (FRS)
* Posting matched 835 files for electronic payments and using Microsoft excel to create tables that break down the posted
* Posts any error|exception reports and interest manually on a daily.
* Retrieves hard copy Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and posts manually.
* Input cash activity on posting spreadsheets for tracking purposes daily.
* Balances payment report, remittance amount, and deposit amount on all spreadsheets on a weekly basis.
* Prepares all manual Non-HCHB posting documents for Data File scanning on a daily basis.
* Uploads payment back up and Payment Report into HCHB for all manual postings.
* Posts and reconciles zero remits.
* Posts payments to unapplied cash.
* Researches unapplied cash on a monthly basis.
* Researches/resolves unapplied cash on a timely basis.
* Compiles refund check request and forwards to the Cash Posting Supervisor for approval.
* Researches and resolves reconciling items from Financial Reporting.
* Communicates with customers, facilities, operations, Home Office, payors & staff in an expedient and respectful manner.
* Balances posting spreadsheet, deposit report, and cash flow monthly. Researches and resolves any variances.
* Problem solves independently before referring issues to a Supervisor|Manager for resolution.
* Performs similar, comparable, or related duties as may be required or assigned.
Formal Education: High School Diploma or equivalentExperience: 1 yearLicense, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: NoExperience Requirements