O'Neal Steel has an opening for a (2nd Shift) Material Handler at our Lafayete, LA facility.
The Material Handler will load and unload material within a warehouse. Utilizes hand trucks, forklifts, overhead cranes, conveyors, or other handling equipment to move material to and from trucks or trains and within the storage facility. Has knowledge of commonly used practices, and procedures. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
Shift: Must be able to work 2nd Shift (12:00PM-8:00PM) Monday - Friday. Overtime will be required as needed. Benefits:
- Ability to operate a wide variety of material handling equipment including, but not limited to, forklift, overhead crane, stacker crane, side loader, yard dog, etc.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools including, but not limited to, grinder, bander, drill, hammer, pliers, screwdriver, wrench, etc.
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure.
- Responsible for providing high quality work to all internal and external customers as related to the output of their position.
O'Neal offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Work site Wellness Programs
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Tuition and Health club Reimbursement
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Life Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Training and Development Opportunities
- 401k and Profit sharing
After more than 100 years in business, O'Neal Steel is now the United States' largest family-owned metals service center supplying carbon and alloy steel, stainless and aluminum products for companies nationwide. Customers ranging from small job shops to major manufacturers have come to rely on O'Neal as their one-stop shop for a vast inventory and complete range of steel products, available for quick delivery through our national network of distribution facilities. As a third-generation family-owned business, we remain committed to the principles of our founder - and the success of our customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)