Join Forbes' 2022 Best Employer for Diversity!
As a claims adjuster trainee, you'll learn how to help customers get back on the road after an accident. This is not a field position which means you'll be building relationships with customers over the phone. In a fast-paced environment, you'll learn how to resolve a fullcase load of claims efficiently while managing the claims process from start to finish. You'll have the support of a collaborative team and ongoing coaching from leaders. We'll also teach you the insurance stuff - providing in-depth training on property damage and insurance contracts so you can confidently and independently adjust claims.
This is a hybrid role, which means you'll work in-office two days that are selected by local leadership and choose where you want to work the other three days, whether that's at home or in the office, for a training period of about 12 weeks. After graduating from training, you'll be expected to report to an office about four days per month for important meetings, training, and collaboration. In this hybrid work environment, you'll be supported by your leaders and tenured colleagues to develop relationships, establish connections, and share practices that are important to your development. If you prefer an in-office environment, you're welcome to work in the office more than four days per month.
Duties & responsibilities (upon completion of training)
- Determine coverage
- Determine liability (who's at fault for the damages)
- Interview customers, claimants, and witnesses
- Partner with appraisers/estimators to manage vehicle repairs
- Negotiate with customers and other insurance carriers and resolve claims
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Instead of a degree,a combined total of five years post-secondary and/or relevant work experience
Monday through Friday with rotating Saturdays. Hours may be 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Compensation
- Once you complete training and pass any necessary testing requirements, your salary will be $48,000-$53,000/year, however, during training, you'll be paid hourly based on your annual salary.
- Gainshare bonus up to 16% of your eligible earnings based on company performance
- An additional 10% when you work evening or weekend hours
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%
- Medical, dental & vision, including free preventative care
- Wellness& mental health programs
- Health care flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, & life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid & unpaid sick leave where applicable, as well as short & long-term disability
- Parental & family leave; military leave & pay
- Diverse, inclusive & welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Career development & tuition assistance
Energage recognizes Progressive as a 2022 Top Workplace for: Innovation, Purposes & Values, Work-Life Flexibility, Compensation & Benefits, and Leadership.
Equal Opportunity Employer