- Operate a truck to deliver product to accounts on daily routes and establish positive relationship with retailers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verification of truck inventory in the morning and at truck check-in at end of day
- Responsible for collecting checks for delivery and balancing at check-in at end of day
- Daily check of truck mechanics and condition before leaving warehouse
- Must perform a pre and post trip inspection of the delivery vehicle pursuant to Federal Motor Carrier Inspection requirements.
- Must operate the truck safely and within established guidelines
- Must report any problems, maintenance issues with the delivery vehicle to Operation Supervisor or Fleet Manager.
- Delivery of all products to account in a timely fashion, following structured delivery sequence and time stops.
- Check in of all products and correct any invoice discrepancies.
- Stock, merchandise, rotate, and face product on displays, hot shelves, cooler, and cold box.
- Maintain back room stock (appearance, space, rotation, etc.).
- In conjunction with Pre-salesman, maintain proper rotation in accordance with SDC and AB policies.
- Report all competitive activities to your Route Supervisor (new placement, pricing opportunities, etc.).
- Call on each account daily as per route itinerary.
- Report to work no later than 5:00 a.m. or at time designated by Department Managers or Supervisors.
- Proceed to first stop.
- Unload product and check in with receiver.
- Pick up any pallets remaining in store.
- Complete scheduled deliveries.
- Return to warehouse to unload pallets & power jack.
- Ensure power jack is plugged in and charging for next day.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have a CDL Class A in good standing with a driving record acceptable to SDC insurance carrier
- Must be able to operate handheld computer and printer
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, climb, squat, bend and twist
- Must be able to do repetitive lifting and be able to lift up to 160 pounds
- Must be able to use a two-wheel cart, pallet jack and other equipment in the course of job duties
- Must be at least 19 years of age
Working outside and inside accounts including coolers; hot and cold environments
This position requires exposure to inside and outside conditions, extreme cold and hot temperatures, dust, fumes, and debris with the following physical demands: bending, climbing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, talking, hearing, carrying, and lifting/moving up to 90 pounds.
- Must have valid Louisiana Class A CDL with good driving record.
- Good written expression and solid communication and math skills required.
- Professional business appearance required. (uniform/steel toe shoes optional)
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Benefits and Amenities:
- 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance, Vision insurance, Supplement insurances, Paid orientation, Paid time off
- 4 day work weeks, Tuesday- Friday (possible 60 days off a year)
- No weekend work
- Free CDL training and certification
- Average tenure of an employee is 10 years. Longest working employee has been here for 60 years
- Office and warehouse house are second to none
- We have the newest equipment
- Locally owned and operated for over 70 years