Since 1969, OCR has been local and physician-owned with strong ties to the community. With a talented, hardworking and friendly staff, we all work toward the common goal of serving the residents of CO, WY, and NE with specialty-focused care. We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add talented people to our team in all of our locations!
**The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for:**
* Various duties associated with registering patients by gathering all necessary insurance and demographic information
* Obtaining appropriate referrals or authorization for patient visits to ensure timely and prompt payment by insurance
* Working with a close-knit team that supports all clinical and billing personnel to ensure patient, physician, and co-worker satisfaction and accurate data entry
* Working closely with the Front Desk Team Lead and Billing Manager to ensure that customer service is first priority and that all daily tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner
* Maintaining current and up-to-date reference materials on insurance plans as provided
**The ideal candidate will:**
* Be experience with outstanding customer service
* Be detail oriented, dedicated, dependable, and professional
* Have the ability to multi-task in a high volume and fast-paced clinic
* Have previous medical experience and computer skills (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(The phrases occasionally, regularly, and frequently correspond to the following definitions: occasionally means up to ? of working time, regularly means between ? and ? of working time, and frequently means ? and more of working time.)
* The work environment is the typical office environment. The employee must be able to complete their work satisfactorily in an environment where there are significant distractions, including staff, patients, and vendors walking through and conversing, telephones ringing, conversations carrying over, loud noises, and interruptions to answer questions from others.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls up to 8 hours a day. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear and must be able to speak articulately. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
**Job Type:** Full-Time
**Pay:**$16.00 $23.00/hour, commensurate with experience
* Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
* Retirement savings and profit sharing plan participation
* Employee Assistance Program
* Continuing Medical Education (depending on position)
* Paid Time Off
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status, and a waiting period may apply.
Orthopaedic & Spine Center of the Rockies (OCR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. OCR is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a persons race, color, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other protected status.
* **Posting Information**
* **Posting Date:**
**January 10, 2022**
* **Job Information**
* **Pay Rate:**
**$16.00 - $23.00/hour, commensurate with experience**
**Apply Now, Fill Out the Following**
**Accessibility Statement****Compliance status** We firmly believe that the internet should be available and accessible to anyone and are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the broadest possible audience, regardless of ability.
To fulfill this, we aim to adhere as strictly as possible to the World Wide Web Consortiums (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) at the AA level. These guidelines explain how to make web content accessible to people with a wide array of disabilities. Complying with those guidelines helps us ensure that the website is accessible to blind people, people with motor impairments, visual impairment, cognitive disabilities, and more.
This website utilizes various technologies that are meant to make it as accessible as possible at all times. We utilize an accessibility interface that allows persons with specific disabilities to adjust the websites UI (user interface) and design it to their personal needs.
Additionally, the website utilizes an AI-based application that runs in the background and optimizes its accessibility level constantly. This application remediates the websites HTML, adapts its functionality and behavior for screen-readers used by blind users, and for keyboard functions used by individuals with motor impairments.
If you wish to contact the websites owner please use the website's form
**Screen-reader and keyboard navigation** Our website implements the ARIA attributes (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) technique, alongside various behavioral changes, to ensure blind users visiting with screen-readers can read, comprehend, and enjoy the websites functions. As soon as a user with a screen-reader enters your site, they immediately receive a prompt to enter the Screen-Reader Profile so they can browse and operate your site effectively. Heres how our website covers some of the most important screen-reader requirements:
- **Screen-reader optimization:** we run a process that learns the websites components from top to bottom, to ensure ongoing compliance even when updating the website. In this process, we provide screen-readers with meaningful data using the ARIA set of attributes. For example, we provide accurate form labels; descriptions for actionable icons (social media icons, search icons, cart icons, etc.); validation guidance for form inputs; element roles such as buttons, menus, modal dialogues (popups), and others.
Additionally, the background process scans all of the websites images. It provides an accurate and meaningful image-object-recognition-based description as an ALT (alternate text) tag for images that are not described. It will also extract texts embedded within the image using an OCR (optical character recognition) technology. To turn on screen-reader adjustments at any time, users need only to press the Alt+1 keyboard combination. Screen-reader users also get automatic announcements to turn the Screen-reader mode on as soon as they enter the website.
These adjustments are compatible with popular screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack.